Thursday, May 23, 2013

I have too been sewing!....... just not posting



 (see this nice green grass?  This morning it was white with snow!  hard to believe this pic was taken last week)
Two weeks ago I decided to make a birthday present for a friend I don't see often.  So for 3 days I was a maniac. This is the first paper piecing I have done.  I chain pieced all the blocks and found I tried to beat my time from the last round. ( that is kinda how I drive too)

 


I wanted to finish it quickly so I quilted it on my little bernina.  Swirly fun.
I used batiks because I love the scrunchy goodness when it is washed.

This is the back.  It has bears all over it but they are hard to see.  But anyhow the rest of the story is that her birthday has come and gone and the quilt is still on my sofa!  Guess I should have called her before I started sewing so fast and furiously since she is obviously out of town. Jeesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment