Monday, April 18, 2011

The other day I realized

I didn't have a finish yet for 2011.  I have lots of starts and finishes of flimsies but nothing layered and quilted and bound.
So I dropped everything
 and headed for the closet with the line of tops just waiting for a finish.
 I grabbed this 'colorbrick' quilt mainly cause it had a back and binding just waiting to be used.
I had followed Rachael's quilt-along directions for the top and decided to use her quilting instruction as well.  I don't use straight line quilting much, mainly cause fmq'ing is so much fun, but wanted to follow the whole shebang.  It was fun.  I think it would have turned out a bit better if I had paid attention to my fabric choices all being prewashed or not.  As it is some of the fabrics must have been prewashed cause there were some that did not shrink.  If I had done an all over fmq I don't think the shrinkage or lack of would be as noticeable.

All in all it is a really cuddly quilt that I love and so does my soon to be daughter in law (we will see who gets it).  And it is my first finish of the year.  Yay

No comments:

Post a Comment