Friday, November 25, 2011

Do I look taller?


 Finishing this project stretched my abilities.  I feel like I grew as a fmqer.

I went into the quilting process not really liking  this top any longer.  The colors are much more subtle that anything I have worked on in a while, so I figured what the heck, I'm going to practice feathers.
 The ones on the left look more like hearts than feathers but I still kinda like them.

Then I figured might as well go for it.  Yeah, not so good but with practice....... maybe.  (Don't remember them looking quite so shaky and misshapen in person.)
I like the back so I might use it as the top.
The binding has to be hand sewn still but the sun was out so I thought I should take advantage of it.  This one is 95 x 104, yikes!

Hope Thanksgiving was great for everyone.  It is my favorite time of year because it is the opening of fudge season!




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt!! Way to be brave with your feathers! (i have not been that brave yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive quilting! I'm still working on my free-motion work ... getting there, but it's taking a while. Inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice quilt. I love the quilting and the colors:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy bonito. I like the colors, white, brown and blue is a very nice combination.
    Besos
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the feathers! Congrats on a very nice finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful. The quilting really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt...Way to check one off the list!!

    ReplyDelete