Friday, March 11, 2011

yowza!

I finally tried spray basting.  I love it!  When I cleaned my sewing room I found several tops that I had never quilted and don't really love anymore so I thought they would be my guinea pigs.  I practiced doing feathers, never thought I would want to quilt feathers but they are kinda fun.  Lately I have been doing alot of straight line quilting and though I do think there is a place for it.... I really, really, really love free motion quilting.  The spray  baste really held the layers together so there was not a problem with the back getting any wrinkles.

I have 5 or 6 queen to king tops finished and I think I will try spray baste and use my little ol' home machine to quilt them.  But first, I have a finish (well except for the hand stitching) so I can start a new quilt........right?

No comments:

Post a Comment